Sunday, March 28, 2010

Game Hens with Lime, Garlic, and Oregeno

I love FoodNetwork.com! I like to look under the Healthy Eating particularly in hearth healthy and diabetic areas. Even if they dont completly fit my diet the recipes here are much easier to alter a bit. Tonite I wanted something that was quick to prepare and left alone to cook so I could work on packing.  I settled on Game Hens with Lime, Garlic, and Oregeno.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/game-hens-with-lime-garlic-and-oregano-recipe/index.html

Game Hens aren't usually my favorite meal but, I have to admit this recipe is quite good.  J liked them as much if not more than I did.  I always have to laugh watching him destroy that chicken.  My favorite part though was my side dish of sauteed carrots and red onion.  Sauteed in a little real butter they taste fantastic.  The entire meal was pretty easy to make and with the hens in the oven doing there thing I had the time I needed to pack for vacation!

No comments: